Sunday, June 15, 2008

On Amazon

Seeing your name on Amazon.com is pretty cool. My mom's been on there for years, but now I get to see my own name there. Weird. Here's the Amazon page for our book.

There's no cover image yet, and at first the title was listed without the subtitle. And when you click my name, two books come up. Dirty Water, and a Yoga book. Apparently, someone with my name contributed to a book about doing Yoga while driving. Surely, some people will think I'm the same guy. Kind of like how there's another Jere Smith in Seattle who does artwork--I'm guessing at least one person who knew me in the past has written to this guy thinking it was me.

It will also be fun to check the sales rank. When it first appeared, we were in the millions. One pre-sale we knew about kicked it up to around 150,000, before it slowly fell all the way back. Of course, we haven't even started promoting, and the book doesn't come out until August, so I'm not too worried about the ranking at this point. But if one sale put it that high, imagine what even ten sales will do. That's the thing about their ranking system--it's very "what have you done for me lately."

Of course, we encourage everybody to buy the book at their local bookstore! I'll post some of those and their site addresses as they get the book in....

No comments: