Thursday, August 7, 2008

Actual Dirty Water

Naturally, I've been doing a lot of web searches on "dirty water" to see when and where our book is getting mentioned. And I have to say, I'm learning a lot about dirty water! (The stuff, not the book/song...)

Did you know that in Baghdad, two-thirds of the raw sewage produced flows untreated into rivers and waterways?

Or that Doheny State Beach in California exceeded maximum allowable levels of indicator bacteria in 55 percent of the samples taken in the past year?

Let's clean the earth's water, people. You can start by ordering TWO copies of Dirty Water, the book--one to read and one to display in your window to warn everyone of the dangers of unclean water supplies...

By the way, thanks to everyone who's pre-ordered already. It amazes me how many we're selling considering it's not even out yet! And even more thanks to people who have promoted it already on your websites.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Did you know that Doheny State Beach is where we just stayed on vacation? I hope I don't have toxic germs. : )

Jere said...

That's weird...what are the odds?

Kara said...

I know. Of all the dirty California beaches... : )