Sunday, November 2, 2008

Shrinky Dinks

When I got the book from Amazon, I noted it was shrink-wrapped. What I didn't realize was that they're all shrink-wrapped. Yes, the ones that got shipped to stores, too. I couldn't believe my eyes when I went into the local Barnes & Noble and saw my book for sale on a shelf for the first time...and it could not be opened. (I don't know if you know this, but a key element in the reading of a book is the ability to OPEN IT.)

Of course, I ripped the thing open--and you should, too. If you see it in a store, rip it from its cocoon. I'm the author, I authorize it. Turns out our distributor does art books, which are normally shrink-wrapped and...I'm not even gonna finish this explanation because I've already wasted enough time unwrapping books. But the key is, all printings from now on will come without the dreaded SW.

Oh, and here are some more indy bookstores who we support and who support us (and who have some de-shrink-wrapping to do. Ugh.)

Mystery Loves Company, Baltimore

M is for Mystery, Palo Alto, CA

Clues Unlimited, Tucson, AZ

Mystery Lovers Bookstore, Pittsburgh

No comments: